Request an Inspection
Building inspections typically occur in the following order:
- Footing, Foundation and Reinforcement
- Services (Sewer, Storm, Water, Sump)
- Ground Work Plumbing and/or Under Slab Concrete
- Perimeter Drain, RWL and Damp Proofing
- Rough-in Plumbing
- Tub and Shower Tests
- Insulation and Vapour Barrier
- Radiant Floor Heating Assemblies
Details about each inspection including when they occur, required documentation and building requirements, and estimated duration of each inspection is provided in a detailed table in the Master Building Inspections List.
Please be aware of the following inspection requirements:
- Field inspections ensure that construction complies with the current BC Building Code and all applicable District bylaws.
- All inspected work must be complete and ready prior to inspection, and approved stamped truss specs and Building Permit plans must be on site for all inspections.
- The Owner or their agent must request inspections at least 24 hours in advance. Work must not proceed past any of the stages listed below without Building Official approval.
- The civic address must be posted on site at all times.
Book an Inspection
To book an inspection, please email Inspections or call 604.815.6872.