Real Estate Services
For information about the current Expressions of Interest, please visit our opportunities page.
Real Estate Services coordinates the acquisition, disposition and leasing of Real Estate on behalf of the District of Squamish with the intent of maximizing the financial returns and utilization of all land and buildings to the benefit of the community.
The District of Squamish…
- Owns 18 buildings totaling over 208,568 square feet on 115 acres
- Owns 9 vacant sites totaling over 50 acres
- Leases 5 sites to third parties totaling over 290 acres
- Leases 7 sites from third parties totaling over 85 acres
- Has a total of 34 leases with third parties on District of Squamish lands
- Building and Land dispositions/acquisitions
- Building and Land leasing
- Land Exchanges
- Road Closures
- Strategic Projects
- Right-of-ways/easements for District of Squamish interests
- Internal support departments
For further information on the process followed for each, please contact Real Estate Services.
- Use District Policy Documents to guide potential acquisitions and dispositions
- Follow an Open Process when disposing of an interest in District-owned land
- Maximize Revenue Generation and Job Creation through portfolio management
- No Speculation/Development by the District on District-owned lands
- Secure Acquisitions Through Rezoning First, if possible
- Secure Acquisitions Through Sponsored Crown Grants, if possible
- Pursue Strategic Acquisitions to enhance existing District-owned lands
- Explore Enhancing Sale Proceeds prior to disposing of District-owned lands
- Consider Secondary Benefits when disposing of District-owned lands
- Support Community Groups by providing District-owned land at a nominal fee
The Squamish Municipal Airport is a general aviation airport with a 732 m (2,400ft) runway located about 8 km (5.0 mi) from downtown Squamish. It is managed by Real Estate Services and is used for charter services, private aircraft, flying clubs, and other commercial activities.
The following fees are applicable at the airport:
Tie Down Fees
|Aircraft < 2,000kg||Aircraft >2,000-5,000kg|
Real Estate Manager
Real Estate Coordinator