Squamish is home to some of the B.C's most beautiful campgrounds.
There are four privately-owned campgrounds and eight Provincial Parks in the Squamish area, most of which offer overnight camping facilities.
Check the BC Parks website for features and amenities available at each Provincial Park and visit the Discover Camping recreation service to book your campsite in advance.
For features and amenities available at each Recreation Site visit the Recreation Sites and Trails BC website
District of Squamish Municipal Campground
Situated in the heart of Squamish the District’s Municipal campground is an affordable camping experience that offers the elements of nature with the convenience of being centrally located in Squamish making it an ideal spot to explore the Outdoor Recreation Capital of Canada.
We are located off Hwy 99 at 39581 Loggers Lane between Finch Drive and Centennial Way only 5 minutes from downtown Squamish, 10 minutes for the Stawamus Chief Provincial Park and steps away from our local trail system and community recreation centre. Campground is open from mid-April to late September.
Note: Camping is not allowed on District or private property, unless the property is zoned specifically for that purpose. Crown land does not fall under this restriction, however within District of Squamish municipal boundaries, District bylaws do apply to open fires, littering, wildlife attractants, noise, and environmental concerns. District Bylaw Officers can and do attend many unauthorized campsites in order to enforce bylaws.
- Single sites - 45 grassy rustic camping sites – each site can accommodate 2 vehicles and up to 6 people per site.
- Group sites – 6 group camping sites – each site can accommodate up to 6 cars and 2-3 trailers.
- Each campsite can accommodate most trailers and for single sites recommended max trailer size is 30 feet.
Dates of Operation 2016 Camping Season
- Rate - $21.00 per day/ per site for the main campground sites and $55.00 for each group campsite.
- Fees are payable on arrival by cash, credit card or debit card.
- The maximum length of stay is 14 nights.
- Check in and check out time is noon
- NO REFUNDS
- Single Campsite reservations is on a first come, first serve basis and no telephone reservations will be accepted.
- Group Campsites can be reserved by calling Brennan Park Recreation Centre at 604.898.3604. Emails and voicemail messages will not be considered reservations.
- Municipal staff will check campsites daily for all valid permits/receipts.
- The fees for the entire reservation are due upon arrival to secure the reservation and are non-refundable..
- Fires are permitted at each campsite in the pits provided. If your site does not have a fire pit, fires are not permitted. During camping season fire bans can be imposed. It is recommended that you always bring a portable stove for cooking.
- Dogs are welcome and permitted, but must be under control and on a leash at all times.
- In consideration of others and according to municipal by-law, quiet time is 11pm to 7am.
- Do not burn garbage.
- The District of Squamish is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Alcohol consumption is prohibited except within your designated campsite.
- The District of Squamish is a Bear Smart Community please control your wildlife attractants and use bear-resistant food containers. Coolers and tents are not bear proof.