Live streaming help
1. What are the minimum technical requirements for viewing streaming content?
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32 or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above, Firefox 2.0 or above, or Safari 3.0, or Chrome 4.0 or above
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2, Microsoft Windows Vista, Macintosh OS X v10.4 or above, or Linux
- 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM - 512 MB recommended
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
- 16-bit sound card
2. What is the minimum internet connection speed required for viewing streaming content / How can I test my connection speed?
- For a reliable viewing experience at medium quality we recommend a downstream connection speed of at least 700Kbps.
- Viewers can select a higher (up to 2Mbps for HD) or lower (198Kbps for low) video quality on the player depending on the connection speed.
- Viewers can test their connection speed by visiting http://www.speedtest.net, we recommend testing several times as bandwidth can fluctuate.
3. The streaming player isn't loading (I'm getting a spinning wheel), what could be the problem?
- Ensure that you have Flash player 10.0.32 or above installed (you can download the latest Flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash
- Ensure that you don't have a Firewall or network security setting in place which could be blocking Flash playback
4. The player loads but the video is stuttering or choppy, what could be the problem?
- In order to view streaming video you will need a broadband connection. Ensure that your connection speed is sufficient by visiting http://www.speedtest.net You should have at least 700Kbps downstream for reliable playback of medium quality video. Changing the quality on the player to low may improve this if you are on a weak internet connection.
- If you are on a wireless connection try switching to a wired connection, or move closer to the wireless router for a stronger signal.
- If you are running other bandwidth intensive programs you may want to quit out of these as they could be taking away from your available bandwidth.
- If you are on a shared internet connection others may be using bandwidth intensive programs that are reducing your available downstream bandwidth
- If you experience video stalling problems only during full-screen mode, try lowering your desktop resolution.