Voter Information

The District of Squamish uses the Provincial Voters List for the Local Government Election. Please note that you are able to register to vote at any of the advanced voting dates (October 10, 13, 15, and 17) and during the general election on October 20, 2018. 

Please see below for information on who is eligible to vote and how to register at the poll.

Who is eligible to vote?

You are eligible to register as an elector, if you:

* To register as a non-resident property elector phone the Election Office at 604.815.5006 or 604.815.5023 for further information about documents required.

Voters List

A copy of the Voters List will be available at Municipal Hall starting September 4, 2018. 

Objection to Registration of an Elector

If you are an eligible elector in Squamish you may object to the registration of a person on the Voters List, by submitting a written objection to the Chief Election Officer at Municipal Hall, between September 4, 2018 and 4 p.m. on September 14, 2018.

Omitting Personal Information from the Voters List

Voters may request that their address and other information be omitted from or obscured on the Voters List to protect their privacy or security after August 28, 2018. Contact the Election Office for more details.

For more information email, or contact the Squamish Election Office at 604.815.5006 or 604.815.5023.

What if I’m not on the Voters List?

You must bring at least two documents that provide evidence of your identity, (such as Driver’s Licence, BC Identification Card, Social Insurance Card, Passport, BC Carecard, Birth Certificate, Citizenship Card, Credit Card) evidence of your current place of residence in the District of Squamish (such as telephone bill, hydro bill, property tax notice, personalized cheque) and at least one of these documents must contain your signature.

If you are unable to provide evidence of your current place of residence, you will need to make a solemn declaration as to your place of residence before being permitted to register. The declaration is available at the voting place.