Animal Control complaints can be made by telephone, in writing by fax or email, or in person at the Animal Control and Pound Office, Municipal Hall, Community Policing Office or the RCMP detachment. We do not accept anonymous complaints so you must identify yourself. The identity of complainants is kept confidential unless the complainant has agreed to be identified or unless required for Court or Adjudication purposes. A complainant would normally be informed of this requirement at the time of the initial complaint or during the investigative process.

Please ensure the complaint includes your name, address, phone number, and as many details as possible regarding your concern or alleged violation, including the address of concern, if applicable. If you are reporting nuisance barking, you may be asked to complete a “bark log” to document the disturbance. This log forms the necessary evidence to be presented and to defend the issuing of a ticket or fine before an Adjudicator or a Justice of the Peace. 

Matters are often resolved informally. Our primary focus is on education and facilitating voluntary compliance. We’re here to help solve neighbourhood problems, not to make them worse. We will resort to formal legal remedies only if necessary. 

The Animal Control Officer will be in touch with you to investigate your complaint as soon as possible. Please let us know if things change; if they get better or if they get worse. If it is determined that a bylaw violation has occurred, the Officer will work with the owner to voluntarily resolve the issue. You will be advised of the outcome. 

Contact us:

Phone: 604-815-5067

For aggressive dogs at large after business hours, contact the RCMP at 604-892-6100 or 911

We use cookies to help improve our website for you.